Unless otherwise stated, material on this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
We request attribution as: © State of New South Wales through the Information and Privacy Commission NSW 2015.
Your attention is drawn to the terms and conditions of the licence, available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode in particular Section 3:
Section 3 – License Conditions
Your exercise of the Licensed Rights is expressly made subject to the following conditions.
- If You Share the Licensed Material (including in modified form), You must:
A. Retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor with the Licensed Material:
i. identification of the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any others designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor (including pseudonym if designated);
ii. a copyright notice;
iii. a notice that refers to this Public License;
iv. a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
v. a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably practicable;
B. Indicate if you modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of any previous modifications; and
C. Indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this Public License, and include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, this public license.
- You may satisfy the conditions in Section 3(a)1 in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which you share the Licensed Material. For example, it may be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URI or hyperlink to a resource that includes the required information.
- If requested by a licensor, you must remove any of the information required by Section 3(a)(1)(A) to the extent reasonably practicable.
- If you share adaptable material you produce, the Adapter's License you apply must not prevent recipients of the Adapted Material from complying with this Public License.
NOTE: This licence does NOT apply to the following:
- Any third party (non-NSW Government) material appearing on the site. (Note that such material may not be expressly identified, although as a general policy we aim to do so.)
- Any material hosted on a different site. (Note that in some cases we provide links on this site to material on another website).
- The State arms or any emblem, symbol or trademark used by any agency of the State of NSW (except where such material is reproduced as an incidental part of using material under the general licence and otherwise in compliance with the terms and conditions).
To ask for permission to use Crown copyright material or NSW State Arms, Symbols or Emblems other than as permitted by this licence, contact the Community Relations Unit, Department of Justice.
Post: Locked Bag 5111, Parramatta NSW 2124
Telephone: (02) 8688 7586
TTY: (02) 8688 3006
Subject to certain conditions, a credible website may link to pages within our website. Please observe the following conditions of linking to our website:
- Links must be presented in a way which fairly represents the role of the Information and Privacy Commission (IPC) and our site(s)
- The context in which a link is inserted must not give the impression that the external site is sponsored or endorsed by the IPC
- The content of the link must not suggest that IPC has created any of the originating site's content. The source material must be clear and acknowledgement of the website clearly provided
- You must never reproduce any logos of the IPC, or any other government agency or department, appearing on the website without our express approval
In addition, the originating site must not contain the following:
- Illegal, sexually explicit, pornographic, or otherwise offensive or distasteful material
- Content promoting gaming, wagering or betting sites
- Instructions on the manufacture and/or use of illegal drugs, or other dangerous material
- Material that promotes harassment, hatred or discrimination based on age, race, religion, gender, sexual preference or any other factor
- Defamatory, disparaging, abusive, threatening or offensive messages (whether aimed at the IPC or a third party)
- False or misleading information about the IPC
Where this website provides links to other websites, it does so for convenience and information purposes only. Following links to other websites is entirely at your own risk. The IPC has not verified the content of any other websites and is not responsible or liable for any losses, damages or expenses in connection with linking to external sites.
The inclusion of any link on this website does not imply any endorsement or approval of the linked website or its content by the IPC. Subject to any applicable law that cannot be excluded, the IPC provides no guarantee about the quality or appropriateness of any products or services available through any third party website.
If you find a broken link on the website, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org