The NSW Information Commissioner is seeking your feedback on two draft resources which have been developed to provide guidance to entities regulated by the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act).
Following the IPC’s audit of universities’ compliance with contract registers in 2015, a regulatory risk with contract reporting was identified and the IPC committed to providing guidance to assist all regulated entities to comply with the requirements under the GIPA Act.
The IPC is currently undertaking a consultation period from 11-22 July 2016 to seek feedback on the following resources:
- Aims to provide guidance on when agencies’ wholly-owned subsidiary entities are captured under the GIPA Act.
- Aims to provide guidance that will assist stakeholders in meeting their obligations under the contract register provisions of the GIPA Act.
Please note: The development of this guidance has been informed by direct consultation with university representatives.
This consultation period will be open from 11-22 July 2016.
The consultation seeks feedback on the following draft resources:
- FACT SHEET: How the GIPA Act applies to agencies’ wholly owned subsidiaries
- LEARNING MODULE 2b: Contracts Registers under the GIPA Act
How to provide feedback
We encourage you to view the above resource and provide us with feedback via the following channels:
- Click here to access the feedback webform on FACT SHEET: How the GIPA Act applies to agencies’ wholly owned subsidiaries
- Click here to access the feedback webform on LEARNING MODULE 2b: Contracts Registers under the GIPA Act
Email your feedback to email@example.com
Call the IPC on our free call number 1800 472 679.
The consultation period is open from 11-22 July 2016.