The NSW Information Commissioner is seeking your feedback on two new resources which have been developed to provide guidance to agencies and the public about informal release of information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act).
The IPC is currently undertaking a consultation period from 1- 22 March 2018 to seek feedback on the following resources:
The (DRAFT) KNOWLEDGE UPDATE: Informal release of information deals with:
- what is meant by ‘informal release’;
- when agencies should consider releasing information informally;
- what might be considered ‘reasonable conditions’ for informal release of information;
- whether informal releases should be recorded; and
- how to more efficiently release information.
The (DRAFT) FACT SHEET: Frequently asked questions for citizens: Informal release of information:
- Addresses issues or questions members of the public may have about asking an agency to informally release information.
This consultation period will be open from 1-22 March 2018.
The consultation seeks feedback on the following draft resources:
- (DRAFT) KNOWLEDGE UPDATE: Informal release of information
- (DRAFT) FACT SHEET: Frequently asked questions for citizens: Informal release of information
How to provide feedback
We encourage you to view the resources by clicking on the links above and providing us with feedback via the following channels:
- Click here to access the feedback web form on KNOWLEDGE UPDATE: Informal release of information and FACT SHEET: Frequently asked questions for citizens: Informal release of information
- Email your feedback to email@example.com
- Call the IPC on our free call number 1800 472 679.
The consultation period is open from 1-22 March 2018.